Recipe for Leftover Chicken Asian Chopped Salad

Leftover Chicken Asian Chopped Salad
Next time you have leftover chicken, try this easy chopped salad with Asian flavors!

(Updated with new photos and step-by-step instructions, May 2013.) It's no secret that I'm a fan of those rotisserie chickens that jump into your basket at Costco, so I'm always coming up with ideas for using the leftover chicken, and this type of Leftover Chicken Asian Chopped Salad is something I'll often make when there's leftover chicken in the fridge. You can vary the ingredients depending on what you have, but for this version that I first posted in 2006, I used romaine lettuce, sliced mini-peppers, sliced sugar snap peas, chopped cilantro, cashews, and black sesame seeds. All those tasty ingredients get stirred together with a slightly sweet Asian dressing, for a delightful salad made from leftovers. This reminds me of the kind of Asian chopped salad you might get in a restaurant; hope you enjoy!

Click to continue reading