Recipe for Slow Cooker Lemony Turkey (or chicken) Soup with Spinach and Orzo

Slow Cooker Lemony Turkey Soup with Spinach and Orzo
If you have leftover turkey this year, make this Slow Cooker Lemony Turkey Soup with Spinach and Orzo!  You can always make the soup with chicken if you don't have any turkey.

I realize plenty of people haven't even started looking for Thanksgiving Recipes (and here are my Top Ten Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes if you need ideas.)   But in the crazy world of food blogging, if I want people to find my ideas for leftover turkey, I need to post them well before Thanksgiving so search engines will index them and they'll get shared on Pinterest.  And truthfully, this Slow Cooker Lemony Turkey Soup with Spinach and Orzo was so delicious I couldn't wait to share it.  I gave some of the soup to my sister Pam, and everyone at her house pronounced it to be a keeper; in fact Pam asked when the recipe would be on the blog.  Of course, if you're not going to be having any leftover turkey, you can certainly make this with chicken instead.

Click to continue reading