Summer Means Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese, and Other Things I'm Thinking About (8-19-14)

Summer Means Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese, and Things I'm Thinking About on Tuesday found on KalynsKitchen.com
For years I've loved this Summer Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese, Basil Vinaigrette, and Fresh Herbs

It's tomato salad and tomato sandwich season, and even though my new town has a weekly farmers market where I've been stocking up on tomatoes, cucumbers, and zucchini, I can't get over how much I'm missing my garden.  I love all the summer veggies, but tomatoes are the summer treat I wait for every year, and my favorite way to eat them is this Summer Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese, Basil Vinaigrette, and Fresh Herbs.  I've probably been making this salad for at least 20 years and I never get tired of it.  (The other two tomato salads I make over and over are Middle Eastern Tomato Salad and Tomato, Olive, and Fresh Mozzarella Salad with Basil Vinaigrette.)  I'm savoring summer for at least another month here before I'm willing to even think about fall, so a lot more tomato salads are going to be on the menu!

And I'm seriously investigating the idea of a greenhouse so I can grow things away from the deer and other critters for next year.  If anyone has greenhouse suggestions, I am all ears!

Now here are a few more things I've been thinking about . . .

Click to continue reading