Joseph's Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread

(Update: I wrote more about Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran, and Whole Wheat Tortillas and Pita Bread in April 2008 and then in 2011 I was excited when I was able to order the Joseph's products from their website.)

I recently stayed with some friends on Block Island, a beautiful and charming island get-away off the coast of Rhode Island shown in this photo. I knew that on Block Island we would be having lots of good food, and I wanted to be sure I had some low carb options available, so in Portsmouth I picked up a package of low carb pita bread to take with me. This was absolutely without a doubt the best pita bread I had ever tasted, low carb or not! I used it to make "sandwiches" with cheese and lunch meat and enjoyed it every time I ate it. We had a delicious tomato spread that everyone was eating on french bread, and I happily spread it on my pita.

Click to continue reading