Recipe for Southwestern Ranch Dip for Bell Pepper Strips or Veggies

When I visited my friend Tia's house in Rhode Island, she served a delicious spicy veggie dip made by T. Marzetti. It had only 2 carbs per serving and was really tasty, but when I got back to Utah I couldn't find it at any of the stores where I normally shop.

I came up with this version, which was delicious. Food snobs may turn up their nose at the ranch dip mix, but maybe I can redeem myself with the ground Chipotle pepper which gives this such a delicious kick. Chipotles are smoked jalapeno peppers, and they're pretty spicy, so use the ground chipotle sparingly. I used ground red Chipotle pepper from Penzeys to make this. If you don't want to buy the Chipotle pepper you could use regular chile powder with a tiny amount of cayenne pepper.


Click to continue reading