How to Peel and Cut Up a Butternut Squash

How to Peel and Cut Up a Butternut Squash
If you haven't cooked with butternut squash that much, this post can teach you How to Peel and Cut Up a Butternut Squash.

I think roasted butternut squash is one of the best things about autumn. That's why, if you live in the U.S., you'll see those bags of already peeled and cut butternut squash start to appear in stores at this time every year. In the past, I've confessed to buying pre-cut squash myself, even though I knew it couldn't possibly be as good as freshly cut squash. But the days when I'd pay premium prices for substandard squash changed when I discovered the Really Big Squash variety and started growing my own butternut squash. Now I had to master the slightly tricky process of cutting them up, and with practice I've gotten pretty good at it. If you've been a bit daunted by trying to cut up a hefty squash, here are some tips that can help you save money and get that garden-fresh squash flavor.

Click to continue reading