Meal Plan 32 - Eat From the Pantry Challenge

My husband is going to school beginning in March and our wallets are starting to feel the pinch. I decided to participate this week in Money Saving Mom's Eat From the Pantry Challenge. These are some of our favorite recipes using frozen meat we have in the freezer, canned goods and other things in our fridge.


Day 1: Sweet Basil Pork Ragu over Penne with Ceasar Salad
I created this dish only a couple weeks ago but it is my husband's and my new obsession.


Day 2: Chicken Oreganato with Roasted Potatoes and Citrus Spinach Salad
This chicken is one of my favorites and I love it as a go-to pantry meal. When I don't have fresh lemons I substitute lemon juice from the plastic container and it works just swell.



Day 3: Gyoza (Japanese Potstickers) with Asian Sesame Slaw and Steamed Broccoli
When my husband and I go out for sushi it is mandatory that we order gyoza. I could eat it by the bucketful. Luckily I taught myself how to make it this summer and every so often make big batches and store them in the freezer. When I go to make supper it's ready in 15 minutes. I can't wait to show this one to you; comes complete with a photo tutorial on how to fold them.



Day 4: Hamburger Soup with Cheese Biscuits
Classic comfort food from my childhood, perfect for a cold winter's day.



Day 5: Thai Green Curry over Jasmine Rice with Peas
We love Asian food and curries of all kinds. I buy different curry pastes and store them in the fridge with a couple cans of coconut milk in the cupboard. Supper is flavorful and delicious and ready in no time.



Day 6: Creamy Lemon Basil Chicken and Pasta with Garden Salad
I meant to share this recipe with you on my last meal plan! This recipe was born out of searching through my cupboards, pantry and fridge crisper drawers to throw together dinner when we moved into this new house. Its a keeper.





For more great meal plans, check out my complete list of meal plans or the Menu Plan Monday links at Orgjunkie.