Recipe for Ground Turkey and Bean Stew with Cumin, Green Chiles, and Cilantro

Ground Turkey and Bean Stew with Cumin, Green Chiles, and CilantroA reader named Katherine from Sacramento sent me the link to green chile chicken and pink bean stew that inspired this turkey and bean stew with green chiles. I used ground turkey instead of chicken thighs, and Rancho Gordo Yellow Indian Woman Beans instead of pink beans, but I kept the generous amount of garlic, cumin, and diced green chiles from the original recipe. I also added a can of refried beans to thicken the stew, and although it ended up being not not overly photogenic, this turned out to be the kind of comforting stew I'd love to have in the freezer for a quick dinner. Don't skip the lime wedges for serving this; they're the perfect finishing touch.

Click to continue reading