South Beach Diet Phase One Recipes Round-up for May 2014 (and an announcement)

Kalyn's Phase One Recipe Picks for May 2014 were Baked White Fish with Onions, Peppers, Olives, and Feta, Stir-Fried Broccolini with Oyster Sauce, Fried Cauliflower Rice with Shrimp, Sugar Snap Peas, and Red Pepper, Shrimp and Black Bean Salad with Cilantro, Cumin, and Lime, and Baked Eggs and Asparagus with Parmesan.

It's summer, and if I needed a reminder I got a good one when I looked at the bookmarks where I save recipe links to feature here every month and realized I didn't have one single soup, stew, or chili recipe this time.  I like a good bowl of soup as well as the next person, but I couldn't be happier to say bring on the salads! But before we get to the food, I want to talk a little about these round-ups.

This post makes 74 months of writing monthly South Beach Diet Phase One Recipes Round-Ups for the blog, and times have changed.  I still love the South Beach Diet, but now a lot of people reading my blog follow other types of low-carb or grain-free eating plans.  (That was the reason I gave the blog a makeover last year, adding new tabs so recipes could be sorted by diet type.)  After asking for opinions on Facebook and giving it a lot of thought, I've decided to make the monthly round-ups more broadly focused, hopefully making them more useful for people who aren't strictly following South Beach. I'll still include recipes that are South Beach Diet Phase One of course, but I also want to spotlight interesting recipes that are Low-Carb in general, Paleo, Whole 30, and possibly others. As always, all the recipes in the round-up will be grain-free, making them Gluten-Free as well, and there will be some type of labeling system to make it easy to see which recipes are Phase One or another plan. That new format will be coming next month; hope you like it. And if you have any thoughts about this, please share them in the comments!

Click to continue reading