Recipe for Indian Spiced Lentils

Indian Spiced Lentils(Updated and added to Recipe Favorites September 2010) I remember the first time I ever tasted lentils, in a soup that was served at a Mexican restaurant where I had my first job. Certainly my mother never cooked them so I have no idea how I became such a lentil fan, but if a recipe contains lentils, it's pretty much a sure thing I'll like it. This favorite recipe is a lentil side dish that I first posted nearly five years ago, almost as an after-thought added to another recipe. I've made this many times since then, and this dish is so tasty and easy-to-make that I finally decided it deserves a post of its own. This week I made it again and took some photos, and I'm officially adding it to recipe favorites on the blog.

Click to continue reading