Recipe for Whole Wheat Spaghetti with No-Cook Sauce of Tomatoes, Arugula, Olives, and Capers

Whole What Spagetti with No-Cook Sauce of Tomatoes, Arugula, Olives, and CapersMore than a month ago I vowed to try this recipe for spaghetti topped with no-cook pasta sauce of tomatoes, arugula, Kalamata olives, and capers that I'd found in the August 2006 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. I had tomatoes, and twice I bought arugula to make the sauce, and twice I ate the arugula before any sauce got made. A few weeks passed, and now we're approaching the end of the fresh tomato season and the third time must be the charm, because last week I bought arugula again and finally made the recipe. I've become a huge fan of this type of no-cook sauce, and this sauce with chopped arugula and a touch of spiciness might be my favorite one yet. If you like arugula, get your hands on a few fresh tomatoes before it's too late, and I promise you'll love this great summer-into-fall dish.

Click to continue reading