Recipe for Raw Kale Salad with Pecorino (or Parmesan) and Lemon

Raw Kale Salad with Pecorino (or Parmesan) and Lemon found on KalynsKitchen.com
Love how this Raw Kale Salad marinates before it's served.

For a few years now I've been growing kale. I started with Red Russian Kale, a milder variety that's good for salads, and I loved it in Red Russian Kale and Red Cabbage Slaw. This year I grew dark green Curly Leaf Kale, and after I heard about raw kale salads with dark green kale on several food blogs, I decided to try it. I mentioned to my neighbor Brooke that I'd made a salad with raw kale that's marinated for an hour before you eat it, and she had the idea of serving this mixed with some other types of lettuce, which I think would also be good, but I ate the raw kale salad just like you see it in the photo, and really enjoyed it.

Click to continue reading