Recipe for Stuffed Green Peppers with Brown Rice, Italian Sausage, and Parmesan

Stuffed Green Peppers with Brown Rice, Italian Sausage, and Parmesan found on KalynsKitchen.com
My favorite version of stuffed peppers, with turkey Italian sausage!

I've been a long-time fan of stuffed bell peppers, but what inspired me to create this new stuffed peppers recipe was the gorgeous large green bell peppers my grocery store had last week for only $.50 each. (Well, that and the fact that my dad loves stuffed peppers and I hadn't made them for him for quite a while.) I planned to make a meatless stuffed pepper but then I found two links of turkey Italian sausage in the fridge. I couldn't resist adding that to the mix, but you could easily make this vegetarian by substituting sauteed mushrooms for the sausage. I enjoyed a couple of these flavorful stuffed peppers with my dad, who gave them a very enthusiastic thumbs up!

Click to continue reading