Low-Sugar and Whole Wheat Molasses-Almond Cookies

Low-Sugar and Whole Wheat Molasses-Almond Cookies are one of my favorites for a holiday cookie!

Low-Sugar and Whole Wheat Molasses-Almond Cookies found on KalynsKitchen.com

I can go months and months without making cookies for most of the year, but when it's December I feel that cookie-making urge come upon me.  For the last few holiday seasons I've been experimenting with low-sugar and whole-wheat cookie recipes to get cookies that are at least somewhat South Beach Diet friendly. I'm not really a baker, but I am getting better at looking at a recipe and figuring out how to adapt it.  This recipe for Low-Sugar and Whole Wheat Molasses-Almond Cookies was adapted from a cookie in the Bob's Red Mill Baking Book, and it already used whole wheat flour.   I subbed an approved sweetener for sugar and used trans-fat free margarine instead of butter to make these cookies more diet friendly.  I also switched out some of the flour for almond flour for a slightly different texture and a more nutritious cookie.

Click to continue reading