Kalyn's Kitchen Picks: Sugar Snap Peas

Sugar Snap Peas are definitely one of my favorite crunchy snacks!
I think I might have even given a little squeal when I looked in the newest book, The South Beach Diet Supercharged, and found sugar snap peas listed as Phase One for the South Beach Diet.    I had assumed they were phase two when I mentioned these tasty treats back in 2007 as one of my favorite South Beach Friendly snacks.  I buy them in the big bag you see above (from Costco) and this is one vegetable I almost always have in my fridge.  Peas are one of The World's Healthiest Foods, so they're also something I feel good about grabbing for a snack. With all that going for them, I decided it was time to officially make these packaged sugar snap peas one of my Kalyn's Kitchen Picks.

Click to continue reading