Recipe for Napa Cabbage Salad with Red Bell Pepper, Cilantro, Peanuts, and Dijon-Ginger Dressing

Napa Cabbage Salad with Red Bell Pepper, Cilantro, Peanuts, and Ginger-Dijon Dressing
I loved this salad with Napa Cabbage, Red Bell Pepper, Cilantro, Peanuts, and a Ginger-Dijon dressing.

I'm a huge fan of every type of cabbage, but lately I've been loving napa cabbage, used widely in Asian cuisines and also called Chinese Cabbage.  Napa cabbage has a more delicate flavor than regular green cabbage, although I'm guessing this salad would still taste pretty good with green cabbage if you're a cabbage fan.  This is another idea I found in Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast, but this time I experimented with the dressing several different times and ended up with one that's changed quite a bit from the original recipe.  I loved the flavor blend in my version of the dressing, with rice vinegar, Dijon mustard, ginger puree, sesame oil, and agave nectar blended together with vegetable oil, but if you had sweet-hot Chinese mustard, I think that would also be a great choice for this.  I ate this huge bowl of this salad for lunch, and made it several times after that to test dressing variations, and this version is a keeper for me.

Click to continue reading