Recipe for Cranberry Salsa Cream Cheese Holiday Appetizer with Baked Whole Wheat Pita Chips

How about a meatless holiday appetizer for Meatless Monday?

I'm not sure if people will consider this Cranberry Salsa Cream Cheese Holiday Appetizer to be a proper Meatless Monday post, but things are about to get hectic around here and I wanted to be sure to get it posted during the holidays.  Someone suggested this idea in a comment on Trina's Low-Sugar Fresh Cranberry Salsa with Cilantro, Lime, and Jalapeno, and then I saw a slightly different version of it at BlogHer.com.  The cranberry salsa recipe has gotten nothing but raves, and if you're looking for a fun holiday appetizer that's meatless and relatively South Beach Diet friendly, I highly recommend this recipe.  I ate it with baked pita chips that I made with Joseph's Reduced Carb Lavash, but you could also serve it with whole wheat crackers, celery sticks, jicama slices, or even tortilla chips.

Click to continue reading