Recipe for Middle Eastern Spicy Ground Beef with Baharat Seasoning, Mint, and Cilantro

Middle Eastern Spicy Ground Beef with Baharat, Mint, and Cilantro
Middle Eastern Spicy Ground Beef with Baharat, Mint, and Cilantro; I loved this with some fat-free Greek yogurt on top.

When I posted the recipe for Effie's Easy and Amazing Cottage Cheese Salad with Za'atar, I shared how a reader from Israel named Effie had sent me a lovely box of middle eastern spices.  One of the things in the box was Baharat Seasoning, and this Spicy Middle Eastern Ground Beef was the first recipe I tried using it.  I found a lot of recipes and online sources to get the Baharat Seasoning (which I'll share after the recipe) so don't be discouraged from trying this if you don't have it in your spice rack.  I really liked this dish, which I ate over whole wheat couscous and with a generous dollop of fat-free Greek yogurt on top.  Thanks again Effie for introducing me to something new!

Click to continue reading