Pizza Grilled Cheese



This was a recipe I came across on Pinterest and as soon as I did I was like "DUH!  Of course you should put some pepperoni in a grilled cheese.  Of course you should swap out regular butter for garlic butter.  Of course you should dip it in pizza sauce when you are done!"

Yep, definitely something I wished I would have thought of first.


Recipe from Blog Chef
_________________________________________________________________________________

Serves 4




¼ cup butter, softened
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (or more to taste)
1 teaspoon oregano
8 slices of bread 
1 package sliced pepperoni
1-1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Pizza sauce (for dipping)


In a small bowl, mix together butter, garlic powder and oregano.  Smooth onto one side of each piece of bread.  Heat a frying pan over medium heat, and place buttered bread buttered-side down.  Top with a handful of mozzarella cheese (approximately 1/4 cup), and top with slices of pepperoni.  Place another piece of bread on top, with the garlic butter facing out.  I like to place a lid on top to help melt the cheese.  After a couple minutes when the bread is golden brown, flip and cook the other side until golden brown.  Repeat with all sandwiches, and serve with a side of pizza sauce for dipping.


Click here for printable version of Pizza Grilled Cheese



_________________________________________________________________________________

RESULTS?
As soon as I pinned this I made it. It is such a simple concept, yet turns a regular grilled cheese into something special.  Kids and adults alike love 'em.  My husband was recording in his studio with some friends that had come for a visit, and I realized no one had eaten lunch yet.  I went out there and asked if anybody was hungry.  My reputation as a food blogger convinces everyone that I anything I make must be magic so they were exclaiming "Sure!  I'd love to eat whatever you make Kindra!" but all I could think was "I'm just going to make grilled cheese.  It's not like I'm doing anything fancy."  

Despite the humbleness of the ingredients and the recipe itself, everyone was raving about what a great sandwich it was. "Best grilled cheese I ever had!"

A great lunch or a quick and easy supper, I would definitely recommend these.  

Meal Ideas:
  • Pizza Grilled Cheese + Soup
  • Pizza Grilled Cheese + Salad