Recipe for Chickpea and Brown Rice Patties with Parsley, Mint, and Yogurt-Tahini Sauce

Chickpea and Brown Rice Patties with Parsley, Mint, and Yogurt-Tahini Sauce
Chickpea and Brown Rice Patties with Parsley, Mint, and Yogurt-Tahini Sauce make a great Meatless Monday dish!

I was excited when I spotted a recipe for Chickpea-Brown Rice Burgers in Meatless, a new cookbook from Martha Stewart Living, but if I hadn't been patient you would have never seen my version of the recipe.  That's because it took Jake and I four tries to get Chickpea and Brown Rice Patties with Parsley, Mint, and Yogurt-Tahini Sauce so they were flavorful but sturdy enough that they didn't fall completely apart when we tried to cook them.  In the final keeper version we used the food processor to buzz the chickpeas and brown rice to a chopped texture and blend in the herbs, and made eight small patties to keep them to hold together better, but you still need to handle these carefully when you're frying them.  I'm glad we persevered though, because these were so, so, so tasty with the yogurt-tahini sauce!

Click to continue reading