Slow Cooker Spicy Brown Rice with Sausage and Peppers

Slow Cooker Spicy Brown Rice with Sausage and Peppers
Spicy Brown Rice with Sausage and Peppers cooks in the slow cooker to keep your house cool!

If you're someone who usually doesn't like slow cooker recipes where you have to brown the ingredients before they go into the slow cooker, I hope I can still convince you to give this one a try. Seriously, this Slow Cooker Spicy Brown Rice with Sausage and Peppers was so, so, so delicious.  It took me about 25 minutes to cut up and brown the sausage and chop the veggies and then it cooked in two hours in the slow cooker (without heating up the house!)  I shared some of this with my sister Pam who pronounced it very good, but said she'd prefer a bit less heat.  If you're not sure about the spicy factor I'd recommend using the smaller amount of cayenne pepper.  The recipe I adapted this from called it Dirty Rice, but personally I didn't think it can really be called Dirty Rice without using chicken livers.  If you like chicken livers though, I think they'd make a perfect addition!

Click to continue reading