Low-Carb Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Delicious Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole has low-carb tortillas and no canned soup in sight!

Low-Carb Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole found on KalynsKitchen.com

Years ago my nephew Jake and I made a canned soup version of Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole when I was visiting my sister and her family in central Utah.  Fast forward to the present time when Jake is living in Salt Lake and coming to cook with me every other week, and we both still talk about how totally comforting and delicious those green chile chicken enchiladas were.  So I set out to create a Low-Carb Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole that would be healthy enough to share on Kalyn's Kitchen and after quite a few tries we ended up with this delicious result.

Maybe I should have called this Lower-Carb Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole, because these enchiladas do have some carbs, but using low-carb tortillas, and choosing lower-carb ingredients brought the count down to about 15 carbs for one enchilada, which is pretty low-carb for a dish of this type.  (If you need to limit carbs more strictly than that, I'd recommend my Green Chile and Chicken Mock Enchilada Casserole, which is similar to this but doesn't have tortillas.)  I would eat this for an occasional treat, hope you enjoy!

Click to continue reading