Recipe for Sausage and Kale Mock Lasagna Casserole (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)

This Sausage and Kale Mock Lasagna is so delicious, you won't even miss the noodles!

Sausage and Kale Mock Lasagna Casserole (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free) found on KalynsKitchen.com

(For Phase One Fridays I feature Phase One Recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites. Phase One Recipes are also Low-Carb and Gluten-Free.   This delicious mock lasagna that I first posted in 2012 has all the flavors that make lasagna good without the pasta, enjoy!)

I love creating Phase One recipe ideas beyond the usual grilled-meat-and-salad meals that many people rely on when they're watching their weight.  Not that I don't enjoy a delicious piece of meat or fish and a tasty green salad, but after a few days of that I start to crave something that's more in the "comfort food" category.  I had comfort food in mind when I came up with the idea for Ham and Cauliflower Casserole au Gratin, and this Sausage and Kale Mock Lasagna is another comforting casserole that's so loaded with flavor that you won't even miss the lasagna noodles.  When I made this I ate it for lunch and dinner two days in a row, and if I hadn't put some in the freezer, I might have had it the next day as well!  If you're not a fan of kale yet, other sturdy greens like chard or collards would probably work, but I don't think softer greens like spinach would hold up that well in this.

Click to continue reading