Crockpot Recipe for Red Lentil, Chickpea, and Tomato Soup with Smoked Paprika

I loved the smoked paprika in this CrockPot soup with red lentils, chickpeas, and tomatoes.
I've been loving smoked paprika lately, an infatuation that started when my friend Margarethe sent me a recipe for Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash with Smoked Paprika.  Then I got inspired about creating a crockpot soup with smoked paprika when I spotted a recipe for yellow split pea soup with smoked paprika in More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow, by Stephanie from A Year of Slow Cooking.  This was another one of those recipes where it took me a few tries to get it just right, but I served this version to my brother Mark and his wife Lisa when they stopped by on Saturday, and they both gave it a thumbs up.   And no matter how much we long for spring, you know there'll still be more cold wintery days before warm weather arrives, so make this soup in your crockpot next time it's a cold day where you are.

Click to continue reading