Recipe for 100% White Whole Wheat Bread with Olive Oil (from Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day)

100% White Whole Wheat Bread with Olive OilI'm guessing there must be at least one regular reader of the blog who's looking at that photo and thinking I've abandoned my South Beach Diet principles and succumbed to the joys of freshly baked bread. If you had that thought when you saw the photo, here's the ingredient list for this bread: white whole wheat flour, yeast, salt, vital wheat gluten, olive oil, and water. Completely diet friendly and easy to make as well! I can't take the credit though, because the recipe is from Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day, the new book from the talented team of Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois. (Full disclosure: I received this book from the publisher, although I did get to meet the adorable Zoe from Zoe Bakes in September at the BlogHerFood Conference in San Francisco.) Jeff and Zoe wrote this book after fans of their first book, Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, asked for bread recipes with whole grains, and I know readers of Kalyn's Kitchen who are avoiding white flour will be thrilled to hear about this healthier way of making bread. One batch of dough will keep in the refrigerator for many days, so check back tomorrow to see what else I made from the rest of the dough.

Click to continue reading