4th of July

We sure had a wonderful, fun packed 4th of July weekend.  We spent time with family and friends hiking, biking, picnicking and relaxing.   While watching the fire works we were entertained by this little girl.  She orchestrated the fire works the whole time.  She was singing, Disney's Frozen "Let it Go".  How adorable is that!
For our picnic, one recipe I love making when there is going to be a crowd is my Black Bean Avocado Salsa.  It's a recipe I make all year round but in the summer when corn is available it's even better with the fresh roasted corn.  If (and that is a big IF) there is any left over it will keep in the fridge until the next day.  I just lay plastic wrap right on top of the salsa so that the avocado won't turn brown.   The next day it makes a great topping for a salad.  I just grill up some shrimp and it becomes an amazing shrimp fiesta salad.