About Kalyn's Kitchen (or How I Lost 42 Pounds and Became a Food Blogger)

Photo by Derek Smith
What My Blog is About:
My name is Kalyn Denny and Kalyn's Kitchen is the home-cooking blog I started in 2005 when I'd lost over 40 pounds on the South Beach Diet and wanted to share my recipes with the world.  Now fast forward nearly ten years later, and I'm still focused on healthy cooking and have transitioned from teaching elementary school to life as a full-time food blogger. I'm focused on low-carb cooking, especially recipes suitable for weight-loss or controlling blood sugar.  Although not every single recipe here is ultra low carb, all the recipes on the site are geared towards carb-conscious eating and many thousands of people per day use this site as a source for the deliciously healthy low-carb recipes that I love to create.

Support for the South Beach Diet:
Because The South Beach Diet was so life-changing for me, I've always tried to make this site a resource for other people who are following it.  You can read more about that on the page for South Beach Diet / Low Carb Information and Resources.  And many weeks I share one of my favorite South Beach Diet Phase One Recipes for Phase One Fridays.

Click to continue reading