Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Avocados and Pecans (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo)

Roasted Brussels sprouts are already amazing, and they get kicked up a notch with avocado and pecans!

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Avocados and Pecans found on KalynsKitchen.com

(For Phase One Fridays I feature Phase One Recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites. Phase One Recipes are also Low-Carb and Gluten-Free.  This would be a great option if you're looking for Thanksgiving ideas, or just serve as a nice side dish for dinner.)

For years I wasn't much of a brussels sprouts fan, and then I tried roasted brussels sprouts.   Roasting them gave the brussels sprouts an amazing nutty flavor (and the fact that the recipe had balsamic vinegar, Parmesan, and pine nuts didn't hurt a bit.)  Since then I've made two more variations of roasted brussels sprouts, both equally delicious, so I probably didn't really need this recipe on the blog.  But when I spotted a recipe in Food and Wine for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Avocados and Pecans, I couldn't get that flavor combination out of my mind.  

Click to continue reading