Foil-Baked Salmon Recipe with Basil Pesto and Tomatoes

Foil-Baked Salmon with Basil Pesto and TomatoesI'm learning new things all the time as a food blogger, and this week I learned that shiny aluminum foil can really make it challenging to get a good photo of lovely baked salmon with pesto and tomatoes! I actually made this twice (the sacrifices I make for my readers!) and these were the photos that came out best. I hope it looks appetizing, because this was truly drop dead delicious when I ate it! The recipe was adapted from Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times, where Bittman had used tomatoes and fresh basil to top salmon that was baked in foil. I didn't have any fresh basil but I had lots of frozen basil pesto, which I think might have even been an improvement on the original recipe.

Click to continue reading