My "A-01" Homemade Steak Sauce - Now Mine Will Be the First One in the Phone Book!

I've never been a steak sauce user. To me it's always been just another bottle on the restaurant table, or more accurately, the diner counter. Then, about a year ago, stuck at a mall, I was forced to eat at a certain steakhouse chain, which will remain nameless. When my "sizzling" steak came to the table, it looked all right, but one bite found it to be tough and tasteless. I should have known better than to order the "special." I have a feeling the meat company this came from is pretty "special" also.

Anyway, in a low-blood-sugar-induced act of desperation, I reached for the bottle of A1 steak sauce and covered my filet of "sole." Much to my surprise, the tangy brown sauce turned my inedible steak into a slightly less inedible steak. I started to understand the steak sauce phenomenon. It did a great job of covering up the less than stellar meat. So I thought, if this bottled sauce could make a bad steak better, what would an even better homemade steak sauce do for a good piece of meat? This recipe video I did for About.com shows what I came up with. It's really a simple and tasty sauce, and I was very impressed with the results. It is similar to the iconic A1, but doesn’t have that slight bitterness, and is a bit less salty. Give it a try and enjoy!
Click here for the transcript and ingredients.