Spinach Salad Recipe with Chicken and Warm Ginger Vinaigrette

Spinach SaladI love to buy one-pound tubs of baby spinach from Earthbound Farms, since spinach is one of the Superfoods, and I really enjoy the flavor of fresh spinach. Still, using up those huge tubs of spinach can be a challenge, and I'm always happy when I find another good spinach salad recipe. I found this idea for warm ginger vinaigrette for spinach salad in Fine Cooking Annual, a cookbook that's one of my all-time favorites. What's special here is using finely grated fresh ginger root in the dressing, and warming the dressing before it's drizzled over the salad. I'm not a purist about using fresh ginger, but in this recipe the slight bite of the fresh ginger really bumps up the flavor. If you only have ginger in a jar, the thick paste labeled ground ginger and sold near the Asian foods, will come closest to capturing the fresh ginger flavor.

Click to continue reading