Pureed Cauliflower and Cabbage with Green Onions and Parmesan (Low-Carb Colcannon Wanna-Be)

This Pureed Cauliflower and Cabbage with Green Onions and Parmesan is a low-carb side dish inspired by the Irish dish Colcanon!

Pureed Cauliflower and Cabbage with Green Onions and Parmesan (Low-Carb Colcannon Wanna-Be) found on KalynsKitchen.comWhen I first started the South Beach Diet (over five years ago!) one of the things I was most suspicious of was the famous South Beach "Cauliflower mashed potatoes." Then I made Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese and later Mashed Cauliflower with Cheese and Dill, and I realized that if you don't expect it to be a substitute for potatoes, pureed or mashed cauliflower is a pretty delicious dish.

This particular version of pureed cauliflower has its roots in Colcannon, the traditional Irish dish where potatoes are mashed with cabbage or kale, and I first had this idea for St. Patrick's Day, but didn't mange to get it done in time! I tried out this recipe on my friend Robin since she loves cabbage, and we both thought it was a great-tasting side dish.

Click to continue reading