Recipe for Whole Wheat Couscous Side Dish with Green Onions and Parmesan

Whole Wheat Couscous Side Dish with Green Onions and Parmesan
If you think you don't like Couscous, this recipe might change your mind!

Are you open-minded about couscous? I ask because when I mentioned how much I liked this whole wheat couscous recipe during a food conversation with a couple of my sisters and a friend, they were polite but obviously skeptical that couscous could ever be transformed into something you'd really want to eat. I understand, because plain white couscous has never been something I'd get very excited about. However, I love the nutty flavor of whole wheat couscous, and after I ramped up the flavor with lots of thinly sliced green onions and a generous amount of Parmesan cheese, I gobbled up a huge bowl of this for lunch. Best of all, whole wheat couscous is one of the quickest South Beach Diet friendly side dishes you can imagine; this can easily be on the table in 15 minutes.

Click to continue reading