Recipe for Spicy Lime Coleslaw

Spicy Lime ColeslawI think I made this Spicy Lime Coleslaw at least three times before it ever occurred to me that it might be a recipe people would like to see on the blog. It started as just a variation of Spicy Mexican Slaw with Lime and Cilantro, but I didn't have cilantro so I just left it out. The next time I made this as a quick side dish for dinner, I had a bag of shredded carrots in the fridge so I threw some of those in with the cabbage, green onions, and spicy lime dressing. I loved this combination with the carrots so much, I almost didn't miss the cilantro. And I know there are some people who (gasp) don't like cilantro, so they'd never show the slightest interest in a recipe with cilantro in the title. This spicy lime coleslaw is just for you if you're one of those cilantro-averse people, but even if you like cilantro I bet you'll love this version of the salad as well.

Click to continue reading