Crockpot (or Stovetop) Recipe for Red Lentil and Sweet Potato Soup with Curry and Coconut Milk

Lately I've been making soup like crazy, because when it snows for days on end nothing sounds as warming as a big bowl of soup.  I love to make soup as much as I love to eat soup, even if I don't especially care for the weather that inspires all this soup-making.  This soup was my version of a Thai Coconut Curry Soup I spotted on Jeanette's Healthy Living.  I changed the Thai curry paste to curry powder which I thought would hold up better in the slow cooker, and also changed the proportions of the recipe a bit for a slightly different riff on Jeannete's soup recipe.  I enjoyed this with a generous dollop of fat-free Greek yogurt, which didn't make it into the photo, and this is a soup I'll definitely be making again.

Click to continue reading