Recipe for Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Mushrooms with Thyme and Parsley (Paleo, Gluten-Free)

Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Mushrooms with Thyme and ParsleyLet's start out this month of South Beach Diet friendly Thanksgiving Recipes with this easy and tasty recipe for Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Mushrooms with Thyme and Parsley. The truth is I didn't even think I liked sweet potatoes until a few years ago when I realized they didn't have to be topped with marshmallows and brown sugar, so when this recipe appeared in Bon Appetit in October 2003 I doubt I even noticed it. Fast forward 7 years, and I ate more than half of it for a snack when I tested the recipe! I did change it up a bit after thinking about what ingredients most people have on hand and what's available in November, but the final version is a keeper.

Click to continue reading