Recipe for Easy Penne Pasta with Zucchini and Basil Pesto

Easy
This quick pasta dish is a tasty and comforting way to use zucchini.

Zucchini production is starting to slow down in my garden, but I'm still getting a few zucchinis or yellow straightneck squash every couple of days.  The other thing that's abundant this time of year is basil, so I've been freezing basil and last weekend I made a huge amount of Basil Pesto with Lemon.  I guess it was that basil pesto that inspired this recipe because when I told my nephew Jake what were going to make he asked me where the recipe was and I tapped the side of my forehead.  This was one of those spontaneous cooking ideas that just appear in my brain:  why wouldn't a little zucchini sauteed with garlic taste great mixed into pasta with basil pesto?  This is so easy you don't really need a recipe, but we wrote it down in case anyone wants the particulars!

Click to continue reading