Recipe for Creole-Spiced Rice and Kale

A delicious rice seasoned with Creole seasoning and cooked with chopped kale.

I've been slightly infatuated with kale for a few years now, so when I see a recipe that uses kale in a way that's new to me, I'm always excited to try it.  I found this recipe for Spicy Rice and Kale in an old Bon Appetit magazine from February 1999 (and back in those days before kale entered my life I probably wouldn't have given it a second look.)  Finding old food trends that I have just caught up with is one reason the bookshelves in my office have piles of old cooking magazines arranged by month! This find from the past turned out to be one of those side dishes that I could have happily eaten a big bowl of for my entire meal, and it's so nutritious and easy to make that I think it's a perfect Meatless Monday dish.

Click to continue reading