Recipe for Slow Cooker Kielbasa and White Bean Stew with Tomatoes and Spinach

Slow Cooker Kielbasa and White Bean Stew
A tasty stew that starts with dried beans cooked all day in the slow cooker!

I wasn't really planning to post this recipe so soon, but then I realized it would be fun to follow the announcement of my new slow cooker site with a slow cooker recipe on Kalyn's Kitchen!  And this recipe will become a recipe template for many more dishes in the future, since the recipe starts with dried beans that are cooked with broth, onions, tomatoes, and spices for 8-10 hours in the slow cooker until the beans are creamy and soft.  I had always heard that tomatoes will cause beans not to soften, but apparently a long cooking time will overcome that, because the beans in this dish were amazing.  I added the sausage at the very beginning with the beans, but next time if I was home I'd probably add that halfway through the cooking time so the sausage was a little firmer.  Then stir in come chopped spinach at the end and you have a delicious dinner.

Click to continue reading