Spinach Salad Recipe with Bacon and Feta

Spinach Salad with Bacon and Feta
I don't eat much bacon, but occasionally I splurge on something like this Spinach Salad with Bacon and Feta.

(Updated with better photos and added to Recipe Favorites in February 2012.) I think spinach salad is a beautiful thing. Not only does it taste fantastic, but according to The World's Healthiest Foods "Calorie for calorie, leafy green vegetables like spinach provide more nutrients than any other food."  Maybe that's why I don't feel too guilty for the tiny bit of bacon in this Spinach Salad with Bacon and Feta, even though I normally don't eat much bacon.   The salad I made above for a dinner with my niece, her husband, and a friend had just one strip of pre-cooked bacon per serving.  We crisped the bacon in a pan and then blotted as much fat as we possibly could with a paper towel. Since the pre-cooked bacon only has three grams of fat per strip to begin with, I'm sure there wasn't more than a gram of fat left in the bacon we each consumed, a number I'm not too worried about. 

Click to continue reading