Turkey Pesto Meatloaf Recipe with Tomato Sauce

A little basil pesto in this turkey meatloaf really bumps up the flavor!

I'm a huge fan of basil pesto, so this year when my garden had lots of basil I went into pesto-making overdrive.  Now I have an abundance of Basil Pesto with Lemon in my freezer, so I've been pondering new ways to use pesto.  Pesto ideas had been swirling around in my head for a few days when I had the thought of adding some pesto to turkey meatloaf to bump up the flavor.  Of course it's hard to come up with a recipe that someone hasn't thought of already, and when I searched for "turkey pesto meatloaf" I found that quite a few other people had the same idea.  The recipe here was adapted from Turkey Pesto Meatloaf at Culinate, although I did make quite a few changes for the version I ended up with.  My Turkey Pesto Meatloaf has a generous amount of pesto, and I used tomato sauce mixed with a little balsamic vinegar to top the meatloaf, a combination that went well with the pesto.  I loved this variation on meatloaf; hope other people will enjoy it too.

Click to continue reading