Double Mushroom Soup Recipe (Inspired by Anthony Bourdain's Mushroom Soup)

Double Mushroom Soup Recipe (Inspired by Anthony Bourdain's Mushroom Soup) found on KalynsKitchen.com
This delicious mushroom soup has two kinds of mushrooms and extra flavor from balsamic vinegar.

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and this Double Mushroom Soup from 2009 is one of the best mushroom soups I've ever tasted!)

Not only is this the best-tasting dish I've ever made out of old mushrooms in the fridge that were close to past-their-prime status, but it's also the best mushroom soup I've ever made, and it's a phase one soup for the South Beach Diet! This is also the soup that will make you remember how much you love your immersion blender, if you have one. If not, you can puree the soup in a food processor or regular blender; it's just a bit easier with the immersion blender.

Click to continue reading