Pressure Cooker (or Stovetop) Recipe for Pinto Bean and Ground Beef Stew with Cumin and Cilantro

Pressure Cooker Pinto Bean Stew
I made this delicious stew in a few minutes in my pressure cooker, but you can make it in a regular pan.

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.  I first made this delicious pressure cooker stew back in 2009, and my friend Barbara's fantastic new pressure cooker blog is inspiring me to get going on some new recipes for the pressure cooker!)

This delightful stew with pinto beans, ground beef, and cilantro is something I had for lunch three days in a row, and I completely enjoyed it each time. If you're not a pressure cooker convert, read after the recipe to see how the stew can be made in a regular pot on the stove, but obviously it's much quicker in the pressure cooker. By the way, if anyone looked at that photo and thought about chili, there's no chili powder in this, so it's definitely not chili! Actually cilantro is the predominant flavor here, so if you're one of those poor cilantro-impaired folks, maybe you'll want to search for a different stew recipe!

Click to continue reading