Recipe for Broccoli, Mushrooms, Ham, and Cheddar Baked with Eggs

Broccoli, Mushrooms, Ham, and Cheddar Baked with Eggs.
This breakfast dish has broccoli, mushrooms, ham, and cheddar baked with just enough eggs to hold it together, and it's low-carb, gluten-free, and Phase One.

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and I love this breakfast casserole with lots of broccoli, mushrooms, ham, and cheese, and just enough eggs to keep it together.)

Recently on Twitter a blogging friend called me "the queen of the breakfast casserole."  It made me smile, because I've posted a lot of breakfast casseroles through the years, and they're something I still enjoy having in the fridge for breakfasts throughout the week.  Recently though, I've been making a version that's slightly different from my basic breakfast casserole recipe.  These new baked egg dishes (like Sausage, Mushrooms, and Feta Baked with Eggs) have a lot of veggies, meat, or cheese with just enough egg to hold it together, so on the archives page for breakfast recipes I've decided I'm going to call them "Egg Bakes" so people realize they're just a little different from my other breakfast casseroles.  In the version I'm posting here I used a lot of ingredients I had in the fridge to create a flavor combination that really worked.

Click to continue reading