Recipe for Hake Loins Baked with Tomato, Kalamata Olive, and Caper Salsa

Roasted Hake Loins with Tomato, Kalamata Olive, and Caper Topping
I found lovely Hake loins at Costco, but if you don't have Hake you can use any type of mild white fish to bake with Tomato, Kalamata Olive, and Caper Salsa.

When you're living in a completely land-locked state like Utah, frozen fish is the name of the game, so I'm always checking at Costco to see if they have any new seafood offerings.  Recently I bought a package of Kirkland Wild Caught Hake Loins to experiment with.  I didn't find much about Hake in my cookbooks, but from checking Google I learned that Hake is often cooked with moist ingredients to keep it from drying out.  It was just a serendipitous combination of ingredients (and maybe memories of Grilled Salmon Packets) that led to this recipe for Roasted Hake topped with tomatoes, Kalamata olives, capers, red onions, and garlic, but the results were delicious. 

Click to continue reading