Roasted Garbanzo and Vegetable Salad Recipe with Garlic, Feta, Olives, and Basil

If you're not a garbanzo fan, make this with another type of beans, but you must try this salad where the beans are roasted with the vegetables!

When he was staying at my house, my brother Rand came home one day with a garbanzo salad from the market.  The salad was okay but not anything that was especially memorable, but doctoring up that salad to give it a bit more wow was what inspired this Roasted Garbanzo and Vegetable Salad with Garlic, Feta, Olives, and Basil.  And everything about the salad I came up with was perfect (if I do say so myself), including the way I roasted the garbanzos, red bell peppers, and red onions with garlic to add more flavor, the savory saltiness from the Feta and olives, and extra punch from sliced fresh basil added at the end.  I'm growing basil in the window of that new kitchen I keep promising to show you, but if you don't have basil I think chopped parsley would be delicious as well.

Click to continue reading