Roasted Spaghetti Squash Recipe with Homemade Tomato-Garlic Sauce and Chicken Sausage Meatballs

Roasted Spaghetti Squash, served with a simple homemade tomato sauce and chicken sausage meatballs
Roasted Spaghetti Squash served with a simple homemade tomato sauce and chicken sausage meatballs is a quick and healthy dinner.

I'm not sure why I was a little slow to warm up to the idea of spaghetti squash as a replacement for pasta, because I certainly enjoyed it when I made Spaghetti Squash and Chard Gratin and Twice Baked Spaghetti Squash with Pesto and Parmesan.  Whatever the reason (and I can't blame everything on moving, can I?) this is the very first time I've ever cooked spaghetti squash to serve with tomato sauce, and it was really quite delish.  It's true you don't get the feel of biting into al dente spaghetti, but the trade-off for a low-glycemic Italian dinner is a pretty good one.  In this recipe I used Sabatino's Roasted Garlic and Basil Chicken Meatballs, which is another one of my Costco finds, but you can use any kind of chicken or turkey meatballs that appeal to you.

Click to continue reading