Sausage, Mushrooms, and Feta Baked with Eggs

How about turkey breakfast sausage, sauteed mushrooms, and Feta, with a few eggs holding it together?

Sausage, Mushrooms, and Feta Baked with Eggs found on KalynsKitchen.com

(For Phase One Fridays I feature Phase One Recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.  This is one of the recipes I got infatuated with after I discovered my now-favorite turkey breakfast sausage, and I loved this combination.)

I love eggs for breakfast, especially things like egg muffins and breakfast casseroles that keep in the fridge and are easy to pop into the microwave for a quick breakfast.  Technically this recipe is probably a breakfast casserole, but I didn't call it that because my breakfast casseroles are mostly eggs, baked with other ingredients mixed in. 

This dish is turkey breakfast sausage, sauteed mushrooms, and Feta cheese baked with just a little egg to hold it together, so that the emphasis is on the other ingredients and not so much on the eggs.  (And if you want to see why I updated the photo in 2011, scroll down past the step-by-step photos to see the original picture!)

Click to continue reading