Sumac-Rubbed Salmon Roasted in Olive Oil

Sumac-Rubbed Salmon Roasted in Olive Oil is easy to make and loaded with flavor!

Sumac-Rubbed Salmon Roasted in Olive Oil found on KalynsKitchen.com

Maybe this will be the blog post that will get you to try the middle eastern spice called Sumac (soo-mack) and if so, you can thank me later for bringing this wonderful new flavor into your life.  I recently saw it mentioned in one of those magazine articles about new food trends for 2014, and I wondered what took them so long.  I've been using Sumac for years now in things like Fattoush, Mediterranean Salad Dressing, Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes, and Cauliflower Rice, and if you've been reading my blog for a while you've probably realized how much I love this flavor.  Sumac tastes a bit like lemon, which might be why the idea popped into my head to try it rubbed on salmon, and oh my, was that idea ever a winner!

Click to continue reading