Slow Cooker Turkey (or Chicken) Soup with Kale and Sweet Potatoes

This Slow Cooker Turkey Soup with Kale and Sweet Potatoes can also be made with leftover rotisserie chicken.

This Slow Cooker Turkey (or Chicken) Soup with Kale and Sweet Potatoes found on KalynsKitchen.com

We just finished a month of Daily Phase One Recipes from January, and I've been waiting all that time to share this Slow Cooker Turkey (or Chicken) Soup with Kale and Sweet Potatoes that I made in December, since the sweet potatoes aren't phase one.  This soup was inspired by leftover turkey breast cooked in the slow cooker, but you can certainly use leftover rotisserie chicken to make this delicious soup.  The day I brainstormed this recipe I also had sweet potatoes and kale that I needed to use, two of my favorite soup ingredients. 

I loved how this veggie-loaded soup turned out, and sweet potatoes and kale are two of The World's Healthiest Foods, so this is a soup that's loaded with nutrition.  I was home so I cooked my soup on high, but you can cook the broth and veggies all day on low, then turn your slow cooker to high and add the turkey and kale when you get home from work.

Click to continue reading